November 5, 2010

Women Required Listening: Bill Withers


                   Why Women Should Listen To Bill Withers

                                       
          My pop, who's just as big a music buff as I, always told me that if I dig a particular artist,always dig deeper to find their rough and gritty side. Bill Wither's have this in spades. He's like the dad who can feed you and clothed you but if you step out of line, he'll put his foot in your ass. If there was ever a soundtrack to manhood, Withers is essential for any guy's music collection. If you really miss the girl, he'll cry for you, if you're pissed off at her , he'll vent with you (without having her ass call the cops on you). Ladies if you ever want to know what goes through a guys  head while loving you, there's a whole discography of this man's music. Also ladies, if your man is listening to Bill Withers, he's either digging the hell out of you or trying to grow some balls to break up with you. Bill's music is deep.
                         
                                               

The Good and The Bad 
  For the women, here's a quick run down of why it's good he's writing a song about you and also why you should be shitting your pants . Although the lyrics are basic, it's the emotion he use that takes it to a whole other level. Simply amazing. My sisters, if you can change a flat, hate chick flicks or, have the "Ill Na Na", this is how the lovey dovey wuss feel about you....
                             
"We'd meet again somehow
So that it might as well be now "...


"I will PAINT YOUR PRETTY PICTURE with a song"...

"Then I look at you and the world's alright with me"..

"When I'm kissing my love
I close my eyes and see a pretty city
With a million flowers"...


"I will try my best to be there when you need me,
And give you strength when you need someone that's strong"...

                                       
  "Aaaaww". ....that's what makes you women give it up so easy. Ok, dry out your panties because things are gonna get rough. Now the next set are for the guy who can't stand your ass.While he's sitting across from you at the dinner table , drawing a pentagram is his mashed potatoes, this is what he's thinking about you....and your momma..and your  sister....your  best friend....your hair dresser...

 "A man we passed just tried to stare me down
And when I looked at you
You looked at the ground
"...


"When I add the sum of you and me
I get confused when I keep coming up with 3"....


"You're too much for one man
But not enough for two
"...


"Every dream about you
I just wake up knowing that I got to do without you "...


"two people getting done trying to figure out who's doing who"..

"I got to take a ton of lies just to get an ounce of truth out of you"...

"you're like a man loving Jesus but says he can't stand the Jews"...

"My brother sit me right down and he talked to me
He told me that I ought not to let you just walk on me
"..

"Pay for dinner! I may be Black but tonight my Black ass is Dutch!".....oops..that's one of my song lyrics...sorry
                                                       
 Damn. I could go on and on.
Well there you go, an emotional roller coaster in the ever complex human emotion we call love. Please check out his music. His greatest hits, although good, are in my humble opinion, not his best work. Please hit me up if you need a playlist and remember ladies, check the brother's ipod for to see if you're game is intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment